- Use of PHP or ASP code is not supported.
- Character encoding: UTF-8
- There must be a single HTML file.
- The HTML file must include your ad and the CSS associated style.
- The HTML file must be named index.html.
- Your final HTML code must not contain comment lines or references to non-existent files. Leave only the files (images, fonts, etc.) used in the code for your ad.
- No external file, link or script is authorized (including the jQuery library).
Only the following structure is accepted:
<a href='http://www.mysite.ca'>My link</a>
- The following calls are not authorized (if they are used, they will be ignored and your ad will not activate) :
window.parent.location.href = 'http://www.mysite.ca';
window.location = 'http://www.mysite.ca';
- Never use the property
visibility: hidden;to hide audio content (whether in CSS or JS).
- All files present in the code for your ad must be in the final ad folder.
- If you use the jQuery library, we recommend that you download the latest version from http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js. If you prefer not to use the latest version of the library, please indicate this using:
. In both cases, a copy of the library must be included in the final ad folder.
jQuery.noConflict()is not recommended unless you are using multiple libraries that use the $ symbol.
- Concatenation for the purpose of building a path to a file is not functional with La Presse+.
var randomNumber = math.floor(math.random() * 4);
document.getElementById('var').style.background = 'url(assets/' + randomNumber + '.jpg)';
var img1 = 'assets/1.jpg';
var img2 = 'assets/2.jpg';
var img3 = 'assets/3.jpg';
document.getElementById('var').style.background = 'url(' + img1 + ')';
Certain functionalities are incompatible with La Presse+. If your ad contains one of the functionalities listed below, you must modify the ad contents to make them compatible with our application.
Your ad cannot include any button to prompt any type of sharing on social networks, e.g., 'Aimer' (Like), 'Envoyer' (Send), 'Suivre' (Follow), 'S’inscrire' (Sign up) ou 'Commenter' (Comment) It can, however, contain a link directing readers to a Facebook page
Facebook ApplicationsLinks to Facebook apps are not compatible with La Presse+ at this time. These links are in the format:
https://www.facebook.com/nom-du-compte/app_[string of digits].
Google MapsGoogle Maps imposes usage limits on its API. These limits are less than La Presse+’s daily reader volume, which means requests would receive an error message if the limits are exceeded. For more information, consult the official Google documentation on the topic.
Google Maps GeolocationGoogle Maps Geolocation imposes usage limits on its API. These limits are less than La Presse+’s daily reader volume, which means requests would receive an error message if the limits are exceeded. For more information, consult the official Google documentation on the topic.
Augmented realityIf your ad includes a sequence of images, the sequence cannot contain virtual objects.
Simultaneous audio and videoRestrictions within Apple’s mobile operating system (iOS) mean that we cannot play both audio and video from one La Presse+ screen. For more information, consult the official Apple documentation on the topic.
Media playback trigger eventsIt must not be possible to activate a media file (audio or video) without some action (touch) being taken by the reader (e.g.: shaking the tablet to start playback of a video).
Base64Your video content cannot be encoded in base64, as this unfortunately would create a conflict with other media files used for La Presse+.
Ad RefreshingRefreshing an ad using the following code is not permitted:
CanvasThe canvas element enabling dynamic rendering of images is not currently supported for La Presse+.
- Adobe Animate
- Adobe Muse
- Adobe Flash
- Google Web Designer
- Sencha Animator
- Microsoft Silverlight