1. Define your objectives
- Decide what the goal of your ad is before you start designing it.
2. Understand tablet-based media
- Don’t replicate a print ad; leverage the interactive potential of tablets.
3. Grab the reader’s attention
- Create an original, fun and entertaining concept to pique reader curiosity.
4. Keep the navigation simple
- Use only one type of interaction per ad; this makes for a better user experience.
5. Keep the message simple
- For greater effectiveness, deliver your key messages in few words.
6. Use the right browse cues
- Always use the standard La Presse+ icons to simplify things for the reader.
7. Prompt the reader to tap through to your site
- Use the +WEB link: that way you can keep your text simple and allow the reader to continue their experience on your website.
8. Include a call to action
- Use prompts like “DÉCOUVREZ” (“Discover”) or “PARTICIPEZ” (“Be part of…”) close to your +WEB link to increase the odds of tap-through.
9. Make sure everything is readable
- Comply with the suggested minimum type size to ensure optimum legibility and get your message across effectively.
10. Use images to capture attention
- Make sure to use high-quality photos: 40% of readers respond to images better than text.